THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD!! I got nominated by Karyl, at Artsy Wanderer, and I’m just beyond stoked to have been nominated! Thank you so much Karyl!! 🙂
Here’s how it works:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Of course, I’m doing this backwards, and I’m not sure if pictures are allowed to be attached to the 7 things about me.. But I did for a more fun post! 🙂
7 Things about me:
1. I was in JROTC, 3 out of 4 years of high school,and actively involved in almost every team! Armed drill, marksmanship, color guard, orienteering and was even the supply officer [in charge of all uniforms]. I was fortunate enough to participate in numerous parades, meet plenty of great people and military personnel, as well as go to San Luis obispo for a week and learned how to rappel! 🙂 I rappelled a 150 foot wall! One of my many proud achievements!
2. I coached my little brothers baseball team for three consecutive years: pee-wee baseball, t-ball and coach pitch. I absolutely love kids and love being involved with them, teaching them sports, arts and crafts! Having coached my little brother and his friends just reassures me that I want to spend the rest of my life being around kids.
3. When I was 14, I went on the field at the Dodger Stadium, on National Flag day and held a huge, gorgeous American Flag! 🙂 Being born and raised in LA, I am a die-hard Dodger fan! I’ve attended so many games, mainly when I worked there as a supervisor. My favorite job so far, a supervisor on the field level at the Dodger Stadium! Go Dodgers!
4. When I was 17, I performed at my high school with my band ” The girl with the pretty voice”. My band formed when I wanted to audition for the spring concert, asked a couple of friends to play guitar, drums and sing back up for me, and our band was formed! Our band name came to be when a random student saw me down the hall and screamed “HEY, YOU’RE THE GIRL WITH THE PRETTY VOICE!!”. I haven’t performed since, but now am the proud owner of a beautiful Ibanez Grand Concert Mahogany guitar! [you may see the box lingering on the top shelve in my crafty room pictures]
5. I LOVE TO DYE MY HAIR RED!!!!! I’ve now come to a conclusion that I can’t be a “redhead” during the summer because I will sweat and the dye will run red and stain my clothes!! But I plan on dying my hair red when winter rolls around! 🙂
6. I also enjoy giving my babies showers! 🙂 I love to cuddle with them and it’s much more pleasant when they smell like Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo! My babies get showers every couple of weeks and always smell so darn fresh!!!
7. Last , but definitely not least, I attended Sublime with Rome’s concert and went home with pictures, autographs and even a half-second side peck with Rome! I saw Rome, the lead singer, and ran up to him, STARSTRUCK and shaking! I somehow managed to babble “can I get a picture and your autograph??” And he placed his hand on my shoulder and rubbed my shoulder saying “chill, calm down, you’re ok. We’ll take pictures and all!”. Real humble guy! Then I saw Eric and ran up to him, and he was also so nice and took pictures with me and signed my picture!!
Oh my goodness!! It is by far the best moment of my life, meeting a band I’m a BIG FAN OF!!
Ok, so now, the 15 blogs I nominate for being so fun and awesome!!
2. Quilts with Personality
3. Carrie’s Quilty Things
4. Pomegranate and chintz
5. Never have I ever
6. Cruickshank Crafts
8. Parisian Cowgirl
9. Quirks Ltd.
10. Small country girl, Big city world
11. Small town thread
12. Another crafty little creation
13. On the upcycle~
14. Crafting in Canada
15. Always time to procraftinate
Here’s the “The versatile blogger” page, check them out here. Also check out the blogs I nominated!! They’re some of my favorite blogs to read! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Toodles for now,
Diana and Ray<3