First and foremost, Raymond would like to thank you for visiting our blog, rayssewcrafty.com! 🙂
We are very pleased and happy with the positive feedback and the people we have encountered!
Thanks again for reading and we hope you find this tutorial useful. 🙂
If you are like me, then you have probably done this a few times and cringed at the aftermath of ironing on your wood table without your ironing mat..
They’re not only a result of heat on wood by ironing, but also from heat off of your hot coffee cup and, well, anything hot placed on the table without a coaster.
Luckily, there is an easy solution to get rid of these heat spots:TOOTHPASTE!
Yes, toothpaste! 🙂 I like to use those little trial sized toothpaste samples I accumulate over time from fairs.
What you need :
– A wood table with heat spots
– wipes or paper towels (I like to use Clorox wet wipes to clean up the toothpaste)
How to remove heat spots off of your wood table:
1. Locate your heat spot and apply a thin to medium layer of toothpaste. I just squeeze out toothpaste onto my finger and spread it over the heat spot. I’m very generous with the amount of toothpaste I apply to my wood table because I iron heavily and create big heat spots.
2. You don’t need to leave the toothpaste on for long, I start wiping it off after a minute or so. I grab a Clorox wet wipe and wipe off the toothpaste.
3. After wiping off the toothpaste , I had a little water excess from the wet wipes, I simply wiped it dry with a viva paper towel. If you don’t use Clorox wet wipes, you can simply use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to remove the toothpaste and a dry paper towel to dry your table off after you’re done.
And that’s how you can remove those pesky heat spots off of your wood table! 🙂
Please note that you may need to reapply toothpaste to a stubborn heat spot. Just follow these steps again to fully remove big heat spots. 🙂
Thank you for reading my posts and following my blog!
I’d love to hear if this worked for you, leave comments below! 🙂
Toodles for now,
Diana and Ray ❤